Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Vow of Eternal Night - Lily Crozier

Vow of Eternal Night

Author: Lily Crozier
Genre: Romantasy | Fantasy Romance | Vampires
Format: eBook (ARC)
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Synopsis

Clara Wagner has spent her entire life believing that monsters are real, and none are more terrifying than Prince Raleigh of Rostenburg.

When Raleigh unexpectedly chooses Clara as his future bride, she finds herself trapped in an impossible situation. Refusing to accept a lifetime bound to a vampire prince, Clara is given one chance at freedom: break Raleigh's vampiric curse before the end of the year... or marry him for eternity.

As they embark on a dangerous journey together, old prejudices begin to crumble, hidden truths come to light, and Clara starts questioning everything she thought she knew about the prince she feared.


My Thoughts

As a Romanian, vampires have always been one of my favorite supernatural creatures, so I was incredibly excited to pick this book up.

After a few disappointing vampire romances recently, I honestly didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did, but I'm so glad I was wrong.

One of my favorite aspects was how faithfully the novel embraced classic vampire folklore. Garlic, silver, crosses, sunlight, sleeping in coffins... so many of the traditional elements were present, making these vampires truly feel like vampires. It was refreshing to read a modern vampire romance that respected the legends while still telling its own unique story.

The first half of the novel was admittedly a little slower than I would have liked. Fantasy books often need time to establish their world and characters, and while I understood why that slower pacing was necessary, I'm simply an impatient reader. Once the story reached the point where the characters traveled to meet the Queen, however, everything clicked into place and I found myself completely hooked.

Raleigh quickly became my favorite character.

Beneath his intimidating reputation was someone carrying an enormous amount of guilt and self-loathing. Watching him struggle to believe he deserved love made him incredibly sympathetic. At the same time, I couldn't help feeling frustrated that he allowed Clara to believe the worst about him for so long. More than once I wanted to give him a hug... and then immediately shake some sense into him.

I also loved Clara's character development. Although she had grown up with privilege, she was still deeply affected by the consequences of her father's choices and the expectations placed upon her. Watching her gradually find her own voice, make her own decisions, and finally surround herself with people who truly respected and supported her made her journey incredibly satisfying. I especially appreciated that Raleigh never dismissed her opinions the way her father and former fiancé had.

The chemistry between Clara and Raleigh developed naturally, making it easy to become invested in their relationship. Their romance felt earned, and I found myself rooting for them every step of the way.


Final Thoughts

Vow of Eternal Night reminded me exactly why I fell in love with vampire romances in the first place.

With memorable characters, classic vampire lore, a compelling romance, and a story that became stronger and stronger as it progressed, this turned into one of my favorite vampire reads in quite some time.

If you're looking for a romantasy that embraces traditional vampire mythology while delivering an emotional enemies-to-lovers romance, this is definitely one to add to your TBR.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️


ARC Disclaimer

Thank you to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing for the opportunity to read and review this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bad Intentions — Iliana Xander

  Bad Intentions — Iliana Xander Title: Bad Intentions Author: Iliana Xander Genre: Psychological Thriller | Mystery | Crime Format: ...