Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Prince of the Sun - Emma Noyes

Prince of the Sun

Author: Emma Noyes
Genre: Romantasy | Fantasy Romance | Adult Fantasy
Format: eBook (ARC)
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


Synopsis

One hundred years ago, elves arrived on Earth searching for something that would allow them to return to their own world. Until they find it, humanity lives under their rule.

Quinn Kallister has spent years preparing for one goal: discovering the truth behind her father's murder and her brother's kidnapping at the hands of the elves. Her plan leads her to Harvard, where she intends to get close to Daerios Ariar, the powerful and enigmatic Sun Prince.

Getting answers should be simple.

Falling for the man she's supposed to be spying on... definitely wasn't part of the plan.


My Thoughts

I absolutely loved this book.

The premise immediately hooked me. I loved the idea of elves suddenly appearing on modern-day Earth and integrating themselves into universities, politics, and everyday society. Instead of another medieval-inspired fantasy setting, we get technology, Harvard, and familiar modern life blended seamlessly with magic and immortal beings. It felt fresh and different from many romantasy novels I've read recently.

The world-building was another highlight.

As the story progressed, I really enjoyed learning about the different kinds of elves and uncovering more about their history, motivations, and the reason they came to Earth in the first place. Every revelation made me even more invested in the mystery.

Quinn was a fantastic protagonist.

Her determination to uncover the truth behind her family's tragedy made her easy to root for, and I appreciated that she wasn't portrayed as flawless. Her internal conflict between seeking revenge and confronting her growing feelings added an emotional layer that kept her character believable.

And then there's Daerios.

I absolutely adored him.

Watching him slowly fall more and more in love with Quinn was one of my favorite parts of the novel. Their banter was wonderful, their chemistry felt effortless, and I looked forward to every scene they shared. I also appreciated how much he respected Quinn. Even when they disagreed, he never dismissed her opinions or treated her as incapable, making their relationship feel like a genuine partnership.


Final Thoughts

Prince of the Sun delivers an engaging blend of fantasy, romance, mystery, and modern-day academia that felt both fresh and addictive.

With compelling world-building, memorable characters, an engaging mystery, and a romance that completely won me over, this became one of my favorite romantasy reads of the year.

If you're looking for a romantasy that combines elves, Harvard, slow-building romance, and a unique modern fantasy setting, I highly recommend adding this one to your TBR.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️


ARC Disclaimer

Thank you to NetGalley and Emma Noyes for the opportunity to read and review this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Killer Art - Jon St. Denis

Killer Art Author: Jon St. Denis Genre: Cozy Mystery | Mystery Format: eBook (ARC) Rating: ⭐⭐⭐✨ (3.5 stars) Synopsis When art profess...