Chaotic Orbits (Books 1–3)
Author: Beth Revis
Genre: Science Fiction | Romance | Space Opera | Humor
Format: eBook (ARC Omnibus)
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Synopsis
Chaotic Orbits brings together all three novellas in Beth Revis's witty and romantic sci-fi series, following the adventures of Ada Lamarr, a clever grifter with a talent for finding trouble, and Rian White, the government agent determined to keep her out of it.
From salvaging abandoned spacecraft and infiltrating high-security galas to pulling off impossible heists across the galaxy, Ada always seems to be one step ahead... much to Rian's frustration.
As their cat-and-mouse rivalry continues, so does the undeniable attraction growing between them.
My Thoughts
As someone who absolutely loves science fiction, I had an amazing time with this collection.
Having all three novellas gathered into a single volume made the reading experience even better. Instead of waiting between installments, I was able to jump straight from one adventure to the next, and before I knew it, I'd finished the entire collection.
As someone who spends far too much time playing Star Citizen, I couldn't help smiling throughout the first novella.
The salvage operations, dangerous retrieval missions, spacecraft, and overall feeling of living and working in space reminded me so much of why I love that game. It genuinely felt like stepping into one of my own adventures among the stars.
Ada completely stole the show for me.
She's clever, chaotic, incredibly funny, and somehow always seems to stay one step ahead of everyone around her. I also loved that she's such a foodie, it added an extra layer to her personality that made her even more memorable.
Rian was the perfect balance to Ada's chaos.
There were countless moments where he looked completely lost trying to figure out what Ada was going to do next, and watching him attempt to keep up with her antics made me laugh more than once. Their banter was fantastic, and their chemistry only grew stronger as the series progressed.
One aspect I especially appreciated was how Beth Revis handled space travel. Moving between planets actually took time, giving the galaxy a much greater sense of realism and scale rather than making every destination feel conveniently close together.
While I thought the second novella slowed the pace slightly compared to the fantastic first installment, I still enjoyed it. By the time I reached the third story, however, the humor, action, and chemistry were back in full force, making for a wonderfully satisfying conclusion.
Final Thoughts
Chaotic Orbits is exactly the kind of science fiction I love to read.
It's funny, clever, full of memorable characters, and balances romance with exciting space adventures without sacrificing either. Ada and Rian's dynamic kept me smiling from beginning to end, and I honestly found myself recommending this series to friends before I'd even finished reading it.
If you enjoy space adventures, lovable chaotic characters, witty banter, and romantic science fiction, I highly recommend adding this collection to your TBR.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
ARC Disclaimer
Thank you to NetGalley and DAW for the opportunity to read and review this collection. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:
Post a Comment